Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My First Sponsor!

Shortly after I made my very Special announcement last week, a friend who also works as a graphic designer approached me about designing a logo for me.  I told him I would love to get one.  We got together the other day and discussed some ideas.  I told him what my time frame was, and that he didn't need to be in a huge hurry, as long as I had it ready in time for my first race (I'll have more about that at a later date).  Well, only a few hours later, he e-mailed me a couple ideas.  Over the next couple of days, we e-mailed and texted back and forth until he had something that I really liked.

And then I threw him a curve ball. I told him that I really liked what he had come up with, but that I wanted to simplify it a little bit.  Mainly, I decided to simplify the color scheme.  Instead of using three different colors, I wanted to just go with two.  I mentioned this to him last night, and by this afternoon, he had e-mailed me those revisions.

I love what it looks like, and I am very excited to get the finalized product.  I will be unveiling that here in the next day or two.

To thank him for all of his hard work, for doing more than just putting up with my constant request for changes, and for getting things done much quicker than I expected, I am proud to announce that he is also my first sponsor for this year's exciting race season!  If you are in need of any design, or photography (as he is also does some), please visit his blog:


http://rnielsendesigns.blogspot.com/

And if you mention me (or my blog), he will give you 10% off your order!

No comments:

Post a Comment