Thursday, January 26, 2012

A second very Special announcement: It's official!!!

Yes, three exclamation marks!!!  And that isn't enough!!!  Over the past few weeks, I have been in contact with Special Olympics Utah about my benefit race season, and today I received the link to the site they created for me!  


I think it looks great, and I'm very excited to see what we can generate this year. This link also appears under "Links" at the right-hand column of this blog.

As I'm sure everyone knows, Special Olympics Utah creates a fun atmosphere for their athletes to compete and share experiences with their friends.  It does take money to do this, and every little bit helps.  I know that finances are tight for everyone right now, and "everyone" includes non-profit organizations that strive to make a difference in people's lives.  My site is set up to take one-time donations of any size; please help how you can!

I have made a pledge to donate $25 for every race in which I earn a podium spot.  That is, take 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place either overall or in my age group.  I have also pledged to donate an additional $100 for ever race I win (1st place overall).  I will be posting the results of my races throughout the season; please check back for those.  If you want to make a similar pledge based on my race results, please "friend" me on facebook at www.facebook.com/swiftri and then e-mail me there.  Or simply comment below with your pledge and include your e-mail. (I moderate ALL comments before they are published and viewable by anyone besides myself.  Any comments including a pledge and/or an e-mail address will NOT be published unless you specifically ask me to publish it.) If you make a pledge, I will e-mail you the link to the race director's results page so that you can verify my results before completing your pledge and making your donation.

All donations should be made through this site designed by Special Olympics Utah. This way, your donation will go directly to Special Olympics Utah--I will not handle any money--and will be tax deductible for you.

Thank you for all your support and interest so far.  We are just getting started; let's make this a wonderful and special year for Special Olympics Utah and their athletes!!!

1 comment:

  1. jennie k. diller-danielsJanuary 31, 2012 at 7:57 PM

    my hubby is doing a polar bear plunge in march for special olympics illinois =)

    ReplyDelete