Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Race Schedule

So, along with spending the last couple of weeks working tirelessly (or I should say tiredly) on the fundraising aspect of this race season, designing a logo, renovating a house, and planning a wedding, I have also been trying to figure out my race schedule for this year.  I am excited this morning to announce my plans:

1. Sat., March 17th: Elevate Indoor Triathlon (Orem, UT)

2. Sat., May 19th: St. George Triathlon (St. George, UT)

3. Sat., June 9th: Daybreak Triathlon (South Jordan, UT)

4. Sat., June 23rd: Provo Triathlon (Provo, UT)

5. Sat., July 14th: TriUtah Echo Triathlon (Echo Reservoir, Coalville, UT)

6. Sat., August 25th: VikingMan (Heyburn/Burley, ID)

7. Sat., September 8th: Camp Yuba Triathlon (Yuba Lake, UT)

8. Sat., October 20th: PumpkinMan (Las Vegas/Boulder City, NV)

These will all be Olympic distance races.

I would also like to announce what I am going to do along with racing, and besides asking for donations to benefit the Special Olympics.  I will also be asking for pledges, and I would like to make the first:
I pledge to donate at least $25 to Special Olympics Utah for every race in which I take a podium spot (which is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd... overall, or in my age group).  I also pledge to donate an additional $100 to Special Olympics Utah for any race in which I win 1st place overall! (The Elevate Indoor Tri is the exception, as I am the only one racing the Olympic distance that day.) Please join me in my efforts, whether it is donating to this cause, supporting and cheering for me on race day, or even racing alongside me.  Let's make this a great race season!

No comments:

Post a Comment