Friday, March 9, 2012

Thirty-Threes: A Boot Camp birthday celebration

So, my birthday was a couple days ago, and it was good.  I went out to a great lunch with my wonderful wife, and mainly just enjoyed the day with her.  I also ran my boot camp, and we did a fun birthday celebration work-out.  Here are the exercises we did:

Squat Thrusts
Sit-Ups
Bridge Burners
Mountain Climbers
Push-Ups
Full Curl
Ins-N-Outs
Squats (w/ Forward Shoulder Raise)
Reverse Fly
Tricep Kick-back
Burpee

And here is how I had them do it.  First, I had them run a certain distance (it was a little different for each class, depending on the room we were in; for our purposes here, let's call it a quarter mile).  Then, it was into the exercises done as follows:

10 reps of each
1/4 mile run
8 reps of each
1/4 mile run
6 reps of each
1/4 mile run
4 reps of each
1/4 mile run
3 reps of each
1/4 mile run
2 reps of each
1/4 mile run

The trick is to get the whole work-out done as fast as possible.

So, how does this celebrate my birthday?  Well, count up all the reps for each exercise. If you do the whole work-out, you will do 33 reps of each exercise.  And how old did I turn on my birthday?

That's right!  See how that works?  It's a great work-out! Everybody loved it.  The fastest finishing time was about 28 minutes, but the run in that class was closer to 1/6th of a mile... a little shorter than in this outline. 

How fast can you do it?

E-mail me at swiftri@live.com if you have any questions on how to do any of the exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment