Monday, March 19, 2012

A smashing success

One down, seven to go! Saturday was my first race of the season, the Elevate Indoor Triathlon.  It was awesome, and I did great!  I was also pretty exhausted afterward, but that's to be expected. Here are some pictures from the race, as well as a run-down about how I performed compared to the goals I had set for myself:

 Swim Goal: 20 minutes @ 1200 psi

Swim Performance: 20 minutes @ 1300 psi 
(and I probably could have done 1400)

 Bike Goal: 25 miles in 1 hour and 20 minutes

Bike Performance: 26 miles in 1 hour, 15 minutes, and 33 seconds

 Run Goal: 10K (6.2 miles) in 45 minutes

Run Performance: 10K in 44 minutes and 21 seconds

That's right; I did my first sub-45 minute 10K!!!  I'm pretty excited about that!  I'm also pretty excited about how I did on the rest of the race, too.  I kind of took my time in transition, which slowed my over-all race time a little bit, but my goal for the race was under two and a half hours.  My final time was 2 hours, 20 minutes, and 23 seconds! I am very happy with this time, but also know that I want to work on getting faster, especially on the bike.  My next race is the St. George Tri in two months (May 19th), and this one is outside where the conditions won't be quite so perfect. However, I feel like I'm at a good place to start and can only get faster from here!

Oh, and take a look at this last picture: 

Check out how fast my legs seem to be going!!!

Special thanks to the guys at Elevate, Greg (Triathlon coach) and Rich (owner), for letting me do this!  While everyone else did a Sprint distance, I did an Olympic distance, which is twice as long as a Sprint.  And because I went last (so I wouldn't hog a pool spot, CompuTrainer, or treadmill), they were there longer than usual for one of these races.  This was an awesome race, and these guys are awesome for letting me do this! Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment