Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's finally time!

Race season is finally here!  My first race is this Saturday, March 17th!  This is the Indoor Tri at Elevate in Orem.  I will be doing twice the distance/time as everyone else: 20 minutes in the endless pool, 25 miles on the CompuTrainer (bike), and 6.2 miles on the treadmill.  Because of this, I am going very last, and so my tentative start time is 10:30 a.m.

My goal for this is to finish in less than two and a half hours.  I have 20 minutes in the pool, and I'm hoping to get the run done in 45 minutes or less.  That means I have to do the bike in an hour and 20 minutes, which leaves 5 minutes for transitions.  That's the breakdown of how I will reach my goal.

Luckily, conditions will be perfect: no bad weather, no choppy water.  The really tough thing about this race is that it's a mental game.  I will be racing for two and a half hours, covering all this mileage, but going nowhere!  I have done the shorter distance of this race a few times, and it is always harder mentally than it is physically.  I have to assume this longer race will be the same, only magnified.

But I have to finish!  This is for Special Olympics Utah!  As long as I finish, there's my first $10 donation to SOUT!  Who's with me?  Make a pledge, check out my fundraising page, and come cheer me on this Saturday morning!  10:30 a.m. at Elevate (147 W. 400 N., Orem, UT... right behind SBR Sports).  It should be a fun time; I hope to see somebody (or somebodies) there!

No comments:

Post a Comment