Friday, December 30, 2011

Linda's Story

That's right, I have another success story to share.  If you've read everything I've written so far, you'll have read a little bit about my story which led to me being able to share Tina's story.  Well, Tina's story has led to another success story; this time, it's a lady named Linda.

A couple of months ago, Linda approached me.  She knows Tina and said she had seen how I helped Tina.  She wondered if I could help her, too.  We sat down and talked for a little bit about her goals and what she wanted to do.  Because of health reasons, she wasn't ready to start formal exercise, but she walks constantly at work and as much as possible outside of work.  She couldn't do much, due to painful bone spurs in her feet, as well as other foot problems.  But she did what she could.

Understanding this, we decided to simply talk nutrition.  She asked questions, and I answered them to the best of my knowledge, experience, and ability.  Finally, I asked her if she had a piece of paper; she pulled out a grocery store receipt.  I pulled out my pen and--on the back of this receipt--wrote down a sample nutritional plan for one day.  We talked about it, and she decided she would give it a try.  I reminded her that I was a certified personal trainer, not a certified dietitian, and her response was, "I know.  But I've seen how you've changed, and I've seen how you helped Tina."  So, she took my plan and was very excited.

Over the months, she has given me occasional updates about how things are going for her.  Today, along with telling me that she has lost 27 pounds in a couple months, she gave me the most exciting news I have heard from her yet.  Following are some of the things she said during our conversation:

"I feel so good!"

"I've had a hard time staying on my diet through Christmas, but I'm getting back on it on Monday... and I've been able to maintain my weight throughout the holidays.  I've lost 27 pounds, and I haven't put any back on."

"I'm no longer tired.  I used to go home and just sleep, and I don't feel like that anymore!"

"The doctor is surprised that I can walk without my bone spurs hurting at all."

"I don't have to have that foot surgery now... because of all the weight I've lost!"

The 27 pounds in a few months, yes that is exciting.  But no pain from her bone spurs, that's cool!  And not having to get foot surgery because she's dropped the weight, that is just downright awesome!!!  She was obviously very excited about that, and that makes me excited, too!  This is why I decided to get into this: to help people improve their quality of life.

Way to go, Linda!

No comments:

Post a Comment