Friday, December 30, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas, Hanukkah, or other holiday.  If you celebrate Kwanzaa, I hope you're enjoying your holiday season, as well.  Though different cultures, regions, religions, or nations celebrate different holidays, there is at least one that is world-wide: New Year's. (Ok, so there's the Chinese New Year's that is different from the "regular" New Year's, but it's still a new year celebration.)  And along with the universal celebration of New Year's comes the almost universal tradition of setting new year's resolutions.  Even if you don't want to call it a resolution, most everybody will set themselves a goal or two for the new year.  Whether it's to find a new job, advance in your current job, finish or go back to school, start a family, exercise more, eat better, watch less TV, read a new book, or whatever it may be.

One of my goals for the new year, or a resolution, is to take at least one first place age group finish in an Olympic distance triathlon (click here for an explanation of different triathlon distances). Another one of my goals is to use my race season as a fund raising effort for a charitable group.  I have a couple groups in mind, but haven't decided on anything yet.  I need to do this soon, as well as contact the charity to see what I need to do to get this going.  I have never done anything like this before, but I think it will be a great experience.

What about you?  What are some of your resolutions, or goals for the new year? 

If any of them have to do with fitness, I would love to be a part of it.  Whether you want to lose weight, pass a fitness test, run your first 5K or marathon, I would love to help!  I just re-certified my NSCA-cpt last night, so I'm good to go!  Check out my personal training page--look for the link on the right side of this page, or simply click here to go right to the page--to see what will work best for you. 

To help out even more, I am also offering a special for anybody who signs up with me in January:

If you sign up (in January) for a 6-month program at Timpanogos Fitness, there will be no charge for your fitness assessment; this is a $35 value!

If you sign up with me (again, in January only) for 6 months (at your home/outside of Timpanogos Fitness), your first session will be free!  This is a $20-$50 value, depending on where you live and how long the sessions are that you want.

I hope everybody has a very happy New Year's celebration, and I wish you all the best for the coming year.  May it be one of happiness, joy, love, hard work, determination, new adventures, old traditions, and success in your worthwhile causes! 

Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment