Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Boot Camp Success Story

I have been teaching the boot camp at the Orem Fitness Center since Thanksgiving.  It has been a lot of fun, but can--at times--also be a stretch to come up with a new work out (or even just a new way to do the work-out) that will be fun, exciting, and beneficial for all of my boot campers.  A couple weeks ago, I a lady started coming to my tuesday/Thursday morning camp. Just like everyone else in the class, she is very dedicated and works hard.  She informed me today that she was the 2nd place winner in the Orem Fitness Center's weight loss challenge!

This challenge started at the beginning of the year and was a competition based on percentage of total body weight lost.  The final weigh-in was this past Saturday, after seven weeks, and she won second place!  I didn't ask how much total weight she lost during this challenge, but she did say that she dropped 6% body fat in those seven weeks.  The cool thing--at least as I saw it--is that she said she didn't drop ANY of that body fat until the last two weeks of the challenge... when she started coming to boot camp!!! She credited me and my boot camp with helping her do so well.

I don't know if I deserve that credit, though.  She was the one doing the work.  I may have been showing up there at 6 a.m. to tell people what to do, but she was showing up at 6 a.m. to do whatever I told her to do for an hour.  It's a big class, usually at least 20 people; she could have easily slept in. Instead, she showed up every Tuesday and Thursday morning and worked hard. And it shows! She is a winner, and she deserves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment