Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Boot Camp

About a month ago, I received a text message from the Aerobics Coordinator at the Orem Fitness Center. I have been instructing a weight training class twice a week there for more than a year, and the Aerobics Coordinator apparently has been pleased with my work enough that she offered me a new class: the fitness boot camp!

I have been wanting to start a boot camp and have been trying to figure things out in my head.  So when I received the text saying that the instructor for the fitness center class was moving, I immediately jumped on the opportunity.  I started going to the class to get an idea of how the instructor ran it, as well as to get to know some of the people who attend and to let them get to know me a little.  I wanted to make the transition as smooth as possible, and let people be comfortable with me.

And I hope that worked, because last night was the first class I taught; this morning was the second.  I felt a little intimidated about it last night, but I tried to make sure that didn't show.  I felt a lot better about it this morning (other than being tired), partially because it was the second class, and partially because the class this morning was so much larger.  As strange as that may sound, the larger class was somehow easier.  We ran, did lunges, squats, push-ups, renegade rows, shoulder presses, crunches, planks, Russian twists, hip raises, bicep curls, tricep kickbacks, calf raises, and ran some more... not necessarily in that order.  It was a lot of fun, and the people who attended said it was a good work-out.  I guess we'll see if they really liked it at the next class tomorrow afternoon and Thursday morning.

For anybody who's interested, this Boot Camp is a "free" class, "free" meaning with the purchase of either a monthly, yearly, or daily pass to the Orem Fitness Center.  It is held on Mondays and Wednesdays at 5:00 pm, Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 am, and Saturdays at 8:00 am.  I would love to see a lot of people there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment